Procedure for transferring .BE domain names
When you request a transfer for your .BE domain name to NETIM, the procedure below is followed. After transfer, we become the registrar of your domain name.
In order to proceed with a transfer:
- the domain name’s owner must approve the request by providing us the autorisation code
- the domain name must not be locked against transfers at the registry.
Once your order has been confirmed, we will send a request for the transfer of your domain name to the .BE registry. The latter will provide to the owner, by e-mail, an autorisation code and a link in order to send it to us.
Upon the first request the authorisation code will be valid for 7 days, so it must provided to us during this delay otherwise the transfer will fail.
The transfer can be carried out within few hours if the authorization code is valid.
Once the transfer has been finalised, the domain name's expiration date is extended for a one year period starting from the date of the end of transfer. For example, if the domain expires on the 2013-12-15 and if the transfer is carried out on the 2013-11-30 the new expiration date will then be the 2014-11-30.
Transfer from quarantine:
When a domain name is in the quarantine status, it becomes inaccessible for forty days. The only one who can reactivate the name is the registrar who put it in quarantine. However, the domain name holder can also have the name transferred to a new registrar initiating a transfer from quarantine. Then the domain name will be transferred and reactivated in the same operation.
- Deadline for transfer: the day before expiration of the domain name
- Best date for transfer: Not less than 1 week before expiration of the domain name
- The owner's email address must be valid in order to receive the approval request emailed by the registry.
- Ensure with the current registrar that the domain name is not locked against transfers
- The current registrar may not oppose the transfer to NETIM, given that only the owner will receive the autorisation code. Nevertheless, if the registrar has specified his own email address for the owner, you must ask him the code and provide it to us by contacting our support.