Procedure for transferring .ES domain names
When you request a transfer for your .ES domain name to NETIM, the procedure below is followed. After transfer, we become the registrar of your domain name.
The transfer is free of charge because this operation doesn't include a domain name renewal.
You will benefit from all our services until the expiration of the domain name, when you will have to renew it.
In order to proceed with a transfer, the domain name’s administrative contact must approve the request to the registry. Ensure that the his e-mail address defined at the registry is valid.
Once your order has been confirmed, we will send a request for the transfer of your domain name to the .ES registry. The latter will contact its administrative contact to request his approval by e-mail, with a link to a secure web page:
- In the event of acceptance within 10 days, the transfer is immediatly carried out.
- In the event of refusal, the transfer is cancelled.
- In the event of failure to reply within 10 days, the transfer is cancelled.
The transfer can be carried out within few hours if the approval is given quickly.
You can transfer your domain whenever you want, no need to wait for the expiration in order to complete the domain transfer.
- Deadline for transfer: the day before expiration of the domain name
- Best date for transfer: not less than 2 weeks before expiration of the domain name
- After the transfer: the domain name's expiration date will not be changed.
- The admin-c's email address must be valid in order to receive the confirmation request emailed by the registry.
- The current registrar may not oppose the transfer to NETIM, given that only the admin-c has the right to approve the transfer. Nevertheless, if the registrar has specified his own email address for this contact or was defined as admin-c, you must request him the approval of the transfer on your behalf