Procedure for transferring .LV domain names
When you request a transfer for your .LV domain name to NETIM, the procedure below is followed. After transfer, we become the registrar of your domain name.
The transfer is free of charge because this operation doesn't include a domain name renewal.
You will benefit from all our services until the expiration of the domain name, when you will have to renew it.
To initiate the transfer of a .LV domain name you will be asked to provide an authorization code (AuthID). You can obtain it from your current domain name's registrar.
You must also ensure that no protection against transfer is activated at the current registrar.
Once your order has been confirmed, we will send a request for the transfer of your domain name to the .LV registry with the autorization code:
- In the event of acceptance, the transfer is carried out
- In the event of refusal, the transfer is cancelled.
You can transfer your domain whenever you want, no need to wait for the expiration in order to complete the domain transfer.
The transfer can be carried out within few hours if the authorization code is valid.
- Deadline for transfer: the day before expiration of the domain name
- Best date for transfer: Not less than 1 week before expiration of the domain name
- After the transfer: the domain name's expiration date will not be changed.