Procedure for transferring .NAME domain names
When you request a transfer for your .NAME domain name to NETIM, the procedure below is followed. After transfer, we become the registrar of your domain name.
The domain name must not have been registered or transfered within the last 60 days or renewed within the last 45 days.
To initiate the transfer of a .NAME domain name you will be asked to provide an authorization code (AuthID / EPP code). You can obtain it from your current domain name's registrar.
Also to proceed with the transfer:
- the domain name’s owner or administrative contact must approve the request to the registry.
- the domain name must not be locked against transfers. Some registrars, like NETIM, have implemented a protection against transfers to approve or reject automatically the requests. In this case, you must ensure that this protection is disabled.
Once your order has been confirmed, we will send a transfer request to the .NAME registry with the autorization code. It the latter accepts, we will ask by e-mail the admin contact as well as the owner to approve the request. Both must approve and reply within 5 days.
- If all replies are positive within 5 days, the transfer will be carried out.
- If no reply is received within 5 days, the request will be cancelled
- If a refusal from the owner or admin contact is received, the request will be cancelled.
Once the transfer has been finalised, the domain name's expiration date is extended for a one-year period. For example, if the domain expires on 2013-12-30 , the new expiration date will then be 2014-12-30. You can transfer your domain whenever you want, no need to wait for the expiration in order to complete the domain transfer.
- Deadline for transfer: 1 week before expiration of the domain name
- Best date for transfer: Not less than 2 weeks before expiration of the domain name
- The owner's and admin's e-mail address must be valid in order to receive the approval request.