Spam is an unsolicited communication sent by email. Usually, they are mass mailings sent for promotional purposes. If you are a spam victim and it has been sent from our services, this is our position and the solutions that we can provide:
How to determine if the source of the spam is NETIM or its services ?
NETIM does not use spam, does not keep a client list to send spam and certainly does not sell its client list to third parties. However, it is possible that some of our less well intentioned clients use our services to send you spam. This is how to check if NETIM is involved in the spam you have received:
- Spam's sender or receiver has an address ending with @netim.net or one of our domain names: spammers often use false headers to make you think the email is legitimate. The addresses in the From or To fields are simply fake and do not mean that NETIM created the spam or sent it.
- You see in the Whois records of the domain name that it is registered with NETIM. As a registrar that has been accredited by each extension authority, we register domain names on behalf of our clients. The client or its 'contacts' are then responsible for the use of the domain name. However, in this case, as the domain name’s registrar, we can intervene.
- When you see names owned by netim.net or one of our domain names in the header, this means that the mail has transited via our servers either via an email redirection server or one of our hosting servers. We can intervene in this situation.
What can NETIM do in the event that spam does come from one of our technical services?
NETIM is a technical intermediary that registers domain names and provides associated services such as emails redirection, SMTP or hosting for messaging accounts. If spam is being sent via our services, we can take appropriate action:
- For spam sent via our redirection services: This practice is sufficient to justify the suspension or termination of the redirection service or even suspension of the domain name in accordance with articles 14.2 and 17.7 of our General Sales Conditions CG-ND
- For spam sent from one of our hosting servers: This practice is sufficient to justify the suspension or termination of the hosting service in accordance with articles 9.7 and 19.5 of our General Sales Conditions CG-HM.
If you think that spam are sent from our services, you can submit us a complaint.
We will review your request and will act to stop this activity if we consider it real.
What can NETIM do in the event that spam are sent from a domain name whose registrar is NETIM?
NETIM is an accredited registrar and is linked to registries with registry-registrar agreements. In such way, we have to take into account all registry's complaints.
For domain names under ICANN's agreements, if we receive a complaint from ICANN, the domain name will be set in hold status without delay
For other domain names, if we receive a complaint from the corresponding registry, the domain name will not resolve without delay
Additionnaly, if you think that spam are sent from one of our domains, you can submit us a complaint.
We will review your request and will act to stop this activity if we received numerous compaints that we consider it real