Brand protection - DPML and DPML+ blocking systems
Protect your brand in 266 extensions in one single operation.
Among the protected extensions, we find for example .email, .gmbh, .group, .info, .io, .llc, .ltd, .pro, .sarl, .support etc.
The damage caused by cybersquatting can be very significant. This is what happened for example to VINCI in 2016, when a press release and a website using the domain name < vinci.group > which caused VINCI's share price to fall by 18.3% in a few minutes.
There are many more recent cases but we do not wish to give ideas to ill-intentioned people.
Benefits of DPML protection services
Here are the advantages of registering your trademark as a DPML/DPML+:
- Variant blocking to allow you to protect keywords that contain your brand (DPML+ option)
- Blocking of premium domain names (with high added value) (DPML+ option)
- Automatic blocking of domain names that fall back into the public domain after being deleted by the Registry
- Budget control: less expensive solution than defensive registrations (especially with the multiplication of possible variants and homoglyphic declinations)
Brand protection services you can subscribe to with Netim
DPML / DPML Plus
The Domains Protected Marks List was set up by the company Identity Digital (merger between Donuts and Afilias) and allows the blocking of your brand on all the extensions they manage, i.e. 266 extensions.
- 1 to 10 years protection period
- 266 extensions covered: see the full list
- Protection for TMCH-registered trademarks only
- Exact match block
- Homoglyph block
- Premium domain block
- 3 additional labels included
- More labels can be blocked
- Blocks are not subject to overrides by other parties with the same trademark, without the consent of the applicable DPML+ block holder.
Comparison table of DPML offers
|Registry||Identity Digital(merger between Donuts and Afilias)|
|Number of extensions||266|
|Duration||1 to 10 years|
|Premium domain block|
|Variant label block|
|TMCH registration required|
How can I subscribe to a brand protection service?
Please contact our sales team to learn more about the eligibility criteria and subscription process.
Yes, you should ask your current registrar to communicate the authcode associated with your DPML or DPML+ protection. When the transfer is finalised, a year is added to the expiry date of your protection.
Here is an example of the information that is visible in the Whois of a domain name blocked by DPML or DPML+ protection:
Whois extracted from the registry The registration of this domain is restricted, as it is protected by the Identity Digital DPML Brand Protection policy. Additional information can be found at https://www.identity.digital/what-we-do/brand-protection. >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2023-04-14T09:16:46Z <<<
Only if you subscribe to the DPML+ option, which will block all available matching domain names, including premium domain names.
Once the domain name is deleted, it will automatically be added to the block as long as the blocking service is active.