How would I benefit from a local contact service?
Some Registries have specific restrictions in place, which can make it more complicated to register a domain name.
As an example, for certain ccTLDs (country-code Top-Level Domain), a company registered in the country related to the ccTLD must be listed as the administrative contact. Other ccTLDs might only require that the administrative contact be a company registered somewhere in the EU, etc.
Whenever restrictions apply to the ccTLD you are trying to register and provided the ccTLD is eligible, you will automatically be offered our local contact service. Unlike with our trustee service, if you choose our local contact option you will still be listed as the domain name owner in Whois databases –the admin contact is the only one to be replaced.
By partnering with trusted local agents, Netim enables you to register restricted domain names easily.
What are the advantages of local contact service?
Our local contact service allows you to:
- Benefit from long-term solutions for the registration of restricted domain names, compliant with each country’s specific rules and requirements.
- Register domain names without being limited by your country of residence.
- Retain full ownership of your domain names.
The obligations of both parties are stated in our General Terms and Conditions, which you will be asked to consent to before completing your order.
How can I get local contact services for my domain name?
- Pick the domain name you want to register, add it to the cart and log in to your account.
- The option to add our local contact service to your order will automatically appear if you do not meet the requirements for an eligible domain name.
Netim local contact service is available for the following ccTLDs
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not meet the requirements to register a restricted domain name eligible for our local contact service, the option to add the service to your order will automatically appear while configuring your domain name.
This service allows you to lawfully list Netim (or one of its partners) as the domain name admin contact in order to comply with Registries’ eligibility criteria.