How would I benefit from a domain trustee service?
Some Registries have specific restrictions in place, which can make it more complicated to register a domain name.
As an example, for certain ccTLDs (country-code Top-Level Domain) domain holders must be companies registered in the country related to the ccTLD. Other ccTLDs might only require holders to be companies registered somewhere in the EU, etc.
Whenever restrictions apply to the ccTLD you are trying to register, you will automatically be offered our trustee service.
By partnering with trusted local agents, Netim enables you to register domain names you do not currently meet the local presence requirements for.
What are the advantages of trustee services?
Our trustee service allows you to:
- Benefit from long-term solutions for the registration of restricted domain names, compliant with each country’s specific rules and requirements
- Register domain names without being limited by your country of residence
- Retain full beneficial ownership of your domain names
The obligations of both parties are stated in our General Terms and Conditions, which you will be asked to consent to before completing your order.
As is legally required, customer accounts must be authenticated before trustee services can be set up. The account owner will be asked to provide proof of identity to authenticate the account.
Netim reserves the right to deny service for any reason, including copyright infringement and illegal activities such as phishing, spamming or the online distribution of pharmaceutical drugs.
How can I get trustee services for my domain name?
- Pick the domain name you want to register, add it to the cart and log in to your account.
- The option to add our trustee service to your order will automatically appear if available for the extension and if you do not meet the requirements.
- Complete the authentication process if you are ordering our trustee service for the first time.
Netim trustee service is available for the following ccTLDs
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not meet the requirements to register a restricted domain name eligible for our trustee service, the option to add the service to your order will automatically appear while configuring your domain name.
This service allows you to lawfully list Netim (or one of its partners) as the domain name registrant on your behalf in order to comply with Registries’ eligibility criteria.
You retain full beneficial ownership of your domain which you can use as you wish, but please note that if an ICANN or legal request is submitted to us, your contact information will be passed on to relevant authorities.
If you still do not meet the registration requirements, you will have to communicate the information related to the nominee option subscribed to your new Registrar.