Netim is an accredited registrar
By choosing an accredited Registrar, you avoid middlemen which in turn gives you access to lower prices and makes domain registration, as well as other operations, quicker.
Included with every domain
The .MUSEUM is open to everyone without condition.
.MUSEUM domain names are allocated on a "first come, first served" basis.
Restrictions / Allocation Rules:
The .museum TLD is open to any individuals or legal entities, anywhere in the world, that can substantiate their link or interest with a museum activity. No particular proof is required, but a check may be made to avoid exploitation of the domain name that is not permitted by the .museum registry.
In order to be eligible for the registration of a .museaum domain name, the owner must be:
- A Museum, or
- A professional association of Museums, or
- A person with an interest or nexus with the Museum activity or profession, or
- A Museum enthusiast.
The Owner is sole responsible of the use of the domain name and undertakes not to:
- Use the .museum domain name in such a way as to infringe the rights of third-parties, including intellectual property rights.
- Use the .museum domain name contrary to the ICOM Code of Ethics.
- Use the .museum domain name for the sole purpose of selling it, reselling it or transferring it in some manner to applicants.
- Use the .museum domain name in a way that could damage or jeopardize the name, image or reputation of MDI or ICOM, their partners and/or the World Museum Community.
In order to transfer your domain name to Netim, you must disable transfer protections and obtain the authorisation code from your current Registrar.
The transfer may take several days.
When the transfer is finalised, a year is added to the expiry date of the domain name.
To change the holder, you must first go through an authentication process.
To that end, validation emails will be sent to both current and future domain holders.
After a period of 5 days, the request will be cancelled.
The domain expiration date is not affected by the transfer process.
The .museum extension does not support special characters.