Included with every domain
The .ONG is open to Non-Governmental Organisations.
.ONG domain names are allocated on a "first come, first served" basis.
Restrictions / Allocation Rules:
The .ONG is open to Non-Governmental Organisations that meet all of the following criteria:
- Focused on acting in the public interest. Whether in support of education or health, the environment or human rights, members of the .ONG community work for the good of humankind and/or the preservation of the planet and do not promote discrimination or bigotry.
- Non-profit making/non-profit-focused entities. While many NGOs engage in commercial activities or generate revenue in support of their missions, members of the NGO community do not recognize profits or retain earnings.
- Limited government influence. Recognizing that many NGOs have important interactions with government, not least for reasons of funding (which may include receipt of some government funding in support of their programs), members of the .ONG community decide their own policies, direct their own activities and are independent of direct government or political control.
- Independent actors. Members of the .ONG community should not be political parties nor should be a part of any government. Participation in the work of an .ONG is voluntary.
- Active Organisations. Members of the .ONG community are actively pursuing their missions on a regular basis.
- Structured. Members of the .ONG community, whether large or small, operate in a structured manner (e.g., under bylaws, codes of conduct, organizational standards, or other governance structures.)
- Lawful. Members of the .ONG community act with integrity within the bounds of law.
The Registry has determined that organisations formed under the laws of the People's Republic of China (or any territory thereof) do not meet the above criteria and are therefore not eligible to register an .ONG domain name.
The registry conducts random audits by requesting documentation of NGO status and reserves the right to delete any non-compliant domain.
In order to transfer your domain name to Netim, you must disable transfer protections and obtain the authorisation code from your current Registrar.
The transfer may take several days.
When the transfer is finalised, a year is added to the expiry date of the domain name.
To change the holder, you must first go through an authentication process.
To that end, validation emails will be sent to both current and future domain holders.
After a period of 5 days, the request will be cancelled.
The domain expiration date is not affected by the transfer process.
Here are the special characters supported by this extension:
æ ø å ä ö ü é
ä ö ü
á à é è í ï ó ò ú ü ñ
á é í ó ö ő ú ü ű
ą ę į ų č ė š ū ž
ē ī ū ō ķ ļ ņ ŗ ģ š č ž
ó ą ć ę ł ń ś ż ź
å ä ö ü é
Netim is an accredited registrar
By choosing an accredited Registrar, you avoid middlemen which in turn gives you access to lower prices and makes domain registration, as well as other operations, quicker.